SERVICES FOR SELLERS- STAGING AND OPEN HOUSE TIPS
By now you know the importance of properly presenting your home to potential buyers. Here are a few tips to help you gear up for that open house.
Compare with your competition. What are you up against? Visit comparable properties and note the following:
1. Property condition
2. Highlighted features
3. Move-in readiness
4. Staging tactics that might work for you
Put your best foot forward. Studies show that homes prepared by professional stagers tend to sell for more. However, if hiring a professional stager is not an option for you, you can also do it yourself by discussing a plan with your agent. In either case, you’ll want a checklist and photos of your home when it’s show-ready.
Pre-pack personal items. Depersonalizing and decluttering your home are two of the most important steps in staging. However, they can also be the most challenging. Packing up things that won’t be needed until after the move helps to declutter and destress your home. This also helps potential buyers by giving them an opportunity to envision what the home might look like as their own.
Take care of details early. Sometimes it’s the little things that have the greatest influence on potential buyers. Here are a few things to consider doing ahead of time:
1. Clean and paint base boards and trim
2. Ensure locks, doors, and drawers work properly
3. Paint and replace outdoor accents, for example, house numbers or mailboxes
Reflect on the answers to the following questions:
1. What are the top three home features that make your property a great buy?
2. What do you love to see when touring and viewing a home or property?
3. How can you declutter or depersonalize your home?